What is Mindfulness
Mindfulness is a type of meditation in which you focus on being intensely aware of what you're sensing and feeling in the moment, without interpretation or judgment.
Mindfulness-based practices focus on stress reduction training to assist people with stress, anxiety, depression and pain. If you have ever caught yourself unconsciously holding your breath, you’re not alone. Often, when we are stressed out or mentally preoccupied with our thoughts, our breathing patterns become shallow, sometimes pausing all together. Bringing Mindfulness is for creating greater calm, purpose, clarity and resilience.
Practicing mindfulness involves breathing methods, guided imagery, and other practices to relax the body and mind and help reduce stress.
5 Ways to Practice Mindfulness Right Now
- Stop What You're Doing and Take a Breath. Take a moment to notice the sensation of your breath. ...
- Put Down Your Phone. ...
- Do One Thing at a Time. ...
- Find Mindful Moments in Everyday Tasks. ...
- Notice the Moves You Already Make
Benefits of mindfulness
- help relieve stress
- treat heart disease
- lower blood pressure
- reduce chronic pain
- improve sleep
- alleviate gastrointestinal difficulties
- Mindfulness improves mental health